All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
A week from today is a very special day. It is the day, in fact, that the absolute most awesome person ever was born (and died but let's not talk about that.)

Yes, you guessed it- it's Aragorn's birthday! And, because I'm the sort of person who's prone to celebrating things like this, I wracked my brains as to what I was going to do for his birthday. And after consulting with my sister, we came up with the perfect idea...
We can have a surprise blogger party for him! Won't that be fun!
So, all you Aragorn fans, (and really, who's not an Aragorn fan), on March 1st you can dedicate your post to Aragorn and wish him a happy birthday. You could fill your post with pictures, or quotes, you could draw a picture or write a poem or a story, or read LotR or watch LotR, or do something else or do all of the above. You can go all out, and bake him a cake and have a Bilbo-style party, or you can merely say Happy Birthday, whatever floats your boat. But if you DO do something for it, put a link to your post in the comments so I can read it to. :)

But sh! We don't want him to find out before his birthday. ;)
:O That's an awesome idea! I'm not exactly an Aragorn fan...but I like all LOTR characters. :D
ReplyDelete*puts hand over mouth* Ah, I shouldn't be talking so loud...
That sounds SO awesome. And, I mean, you're right, how could you not love Aragorn?
ReplyDeleteAbbie // XOX
I'm so gonna do it! :)
ReplyDeleteBirthday post - done!
ReplyDeletehttp://ivegotjoylikeafountain.blogspot.com/2012/03/happy-birthday-strider.html
Abbie /// XOXOX