It was a big occasion. So yes, we filled the white board with quotes. Aragorn quotes, mind you.
Yes, my brother and I can't seem to take serious pictures. But this is us with the 'birthday boy' :)
Birthday cards!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Aragorn!
Happy birthday to you!
Isn't that such a lovely scene? I think so too.
If I was half as amazing as Aragorn is, I would have translated Happy Birthday into Elvish. But I'm not.
The scene where they're in front of the black gate is one of my favorites. I would have chopped his head off too.
You might ask why I like Aragorn so much. Just what makes him such an amazing character? Well, here are just some of the reasons. Believe me, I could never type all of them out.
He likes poetry. And history. And singing.
And not just any kind of singing. Singing in Elvish.
I totally wish I could sing in Elvish. Or speak in it, for that matter.
He saved the Fellowship I don't know how many times. I wonder if it would be possible to count; at Bree, at Weathertop, in Moria, Amon Hen... the list goes on. :)
He fought the Nazgul on Weathertop and survived. If that doesn't say something about your skills, then I don't know what does.
He basically saves Rohan from defeat. Quote: "It was not Theoden of Rohan who led our people to victory" And he also saves Gondor from defeat.
Not only can he fight, he can heal. Quote: "The hands of the king are the hands of a healer"
He keeps his word. Even when it doesn't help him to do so.
He eats food even when it's awful and doesn't complain about it. (Okay, that scene makes me laugh. Every time. His face when he eats it- priceless. And her face when he says 87. This is one of the reasons the extended editions are so much better.)
I could go on for ever but instead I'll leave you with everyone's favorite quote...
"Hold your ground! Hold your ground. Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. The day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. And hour of wolves, and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down. But is is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, men of the west!"
'Nuff said. He's amazing. Without him the ring would not have been destroyed (I mean, the Hobbits wouldn't have made it out of Bree alive. Which would have been too tragic to bear.) I don't think there's ever been someone who deserved the title of hero more.
We made him a cake... :) hehehe
So Happy Birthday Aragorn! Hope it's as good as the many others you've had. Because you deserve it. :)
Also, here are the links to the other people who have joined the blogger birthday bash. Tell me if you join in so I can add your post to the list!
I posted to him!
ReplyDeleteOkay, yeah, the Elvish singing is just THE best. I forgot to mention that.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I totally laughed when he says he's 87. Just the way he says it is super-funny.
Abbie /// XOXOX
I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!...I kind of love him :) Nice blog!
ReplyDelete