Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Disney/Pixar Awesomeness



There are few things as wonderful as discovering a new movie that you fall in love with, and think 'this is a movie we have to own'. It doesn't happen often for me (the last time probably being Toy Story 3), but it happened again just the other day.

On Monday morning we all got up early (well, for Monday at least) and went down to the basement and watched Up. I had made scones the night before and I brewed myself some tea before we began. I had heard about the movie when it first came out, heard a bunch of people say it was good, and then proceeded to forget all about it. Well, next thing I know, it's been 3 years and I still havn't seen it. So I checked it out from the library and decided to watch it as a family since we all like Pixar.

Boy was it awesome. It was one of the better movies I've seen in a long time. It had the humor characteristic of Pixar and had the awesome soundtrack characteristic of Disney movies. I could not stop singing the main theme after we watched it. And it had a lovely story and sweet characters and brilliant animation. If you dropped the ball like we did and haven't seen it then go get it right now and watch it. It's probably in my top 10 favorite movies. Toy Story 3 is still my favorite Pixar movie but this may well be second.

Favorite parts...

How the dog stops everything and says squirrel. SO like our dog
When Carl first meets Russell (can I walk you across your porch?)
The line 'It's like America, but south"
The cone of shame

And most of the rest of the movie. I should really watch it again before we return it so I don't forget all the rest of it. And then we should add it to our collection, right next to Toy Story and Cars and the Incredibles.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you guys have approximately the same movie collection we do! All those, plus Lord of the RIngs, of course. :) We all like that movie a lot. Another thing I saw is, the first eight minutes of Up tells a better love story than all of the twilight movies.

    Grace G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. And the thing about Up and Twilight is so true. :)

      Delete
  2. This is just awesome. Pixar is just awesome. You are just awesome.

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this too: When I am done assisting you, you are going to feel SOOOOO assisted!

    ReplyDelete