Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Ebony and Ivory

 
Me playing Maple Leaf Rag

Ellie playing Linus and Lucy 

Nate playing Old West Rodeo 

Abby playing Persian Market 

Sam playing Leprechaun Jig 



Our piano recital was on Sunday.  It was Sam's very first recital and my last one (at least, my last one with my current teacher).  The pictures are of us in age order, not in playing order.  I was the very last person to play in the recital, which is absolutely the worst place to be.  If you play first you have no time to get nervous; the recital starts, you play, and then you get to enjoy everyone else's piece without thinking the whole time "3 more people till me. 3 more people till me" If you play last you spend the whole thing trying to focus on the music but that horrible nervous feeling in your stomach just increases as each new person takes their seat at the piano. When it was finally my turn I messed up rather frequently and played it much worse than I ever play it at home.  Honestly, it was the worst I've ever done at a recital.  However, I had a chance to redeem myself a little because right afterwards I played a duet with my teacher and that,  thankfully, turned out much better.

All my other siblings did much better than I did.  I didn't hear any of the three little kids mess up at all.  I would have liked to do better on my last recital, but that's not really an option any more. ;)  This Thursday will be the last lesson I have with my teacher and then I'll begin lessons again in the fall with a new teacher.  But I'm pretty sure she won't be as awesome as mine is now.

1 comment:

  1. What dreadful pictures of me!!!!

    But yes, Mrs. Wik is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete