Tuesday, 8 May 2012

The Eternal City

The forum

Well, we made it safely to Rome and, though jet lagged and weary, we walked around the city all afternoon. We walked by the Colosseum, the Forum, Trajan's column, had pizza for lunch and gelato for supper, and just tried to soak it all in and get our bearings. 

The awesome looking umbrella trees.
I spy the colosseum!!!
Funny story... Dad: "Look, it says Senatus Populusque Romanus! Abby, what does that mean?"
Abby: "The senate is popular in Rome?"
The Mamertine prison where St. Peter and St. Paul where held

Trajan's column

My brain is dead, forgive me. I totally forgot who this monument is for... :)

Now, it's off to bed to get some much-needed sleep before our next big day of touring!

 

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things is Rome was (were?) those umbrella trees. They're pines. I have a cone in the frig. I suppose I should get the seed out and plant it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been thinking about you & your family today! So cool to see you're having an awesome time :)

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks soo fun!! Nice pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW! Youer soo lucky to be able t tour Europe! And I've always wanted to go to Rome, but the closest I may ever get is playing Assassins Creed. :) It's great that you had fun!

    <3Voronda

    ReplyDelete