Wednesday, 16 May 2012

On top of the world




On Tuesday we went up to the top of Tiegelberg by gondola. I was expecting it to be freezing at the top but when we walked out I was pleasantly surprised. It couldn't have been colder than 50 and yet there was snow all over the ground. After taking a few pictures of the surrounding mountains, I ran down like a maniac to the nearest patch of snow.




Abby, Sam and I followed a path along the mountain side and found an even larger patch of snow. As we walked I saw a lake surrounded by mountains that looked like it could be hiding the Elvish city of Gondolin. It was exactly how I pictured it. When we reached the snow we saw that someone had dug out the shape of a heart so Abby and Sam ran down to it and posed.


Doesn't it look like you would see Gondolin there?


After I snapped a few pictures I went down with them and stood staring out at the surrounding mountains and standing on snow for the first time in months. All too soon Ellie came down the path and informed us that we needed to get going so we could eat lunch before going back down to the bottom. So we sat in the little restaurant at the top of the mountain and ate sausages and German pretzels.




And I decided I'm moving to the mountains.



2 comments:

  1. OH. MY. WORD THIS IS AWESOME. That third picture is too awesome! :)

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are soo pretty! I would move there too!

    ReplyDelete