Thursday, 12 July 2012

Because it's not everyday I meet someone who knows what Sindarin is...




Scene- Library, while checking out the books Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and Gateway to Sindarin.

Librarian- *after looking at the books he was checking out for me* So which do you like better, Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?
me- Lord of the Rings
Librarian- Yeah, me too. Not that I don't like Harry Potter...
me- Yeah, it's just that Lord of the Rings is better. 
Librarian- Something about it. Maybe that it was written for adults.
me- *laughs and nods assent*

Yep, he's now quite possibly my favorite Librarian. I mean, have you met anyone else who knows what Sindarin is?

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what Sindarin is, and you are probably one of the only people I know who also knows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just awesome!! :) Coolest Librarian ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sindarin is the Elvish language in Lord of The Rings... right? I haven't actually read the books yet....
    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! And you totally should read them... they're the best. :)

      Delete
  5. Nobody in real life, except for my pastor. :)

    ReplyDelete