Sunday, 8 July 2012

Higher Things

Our dorm room suite

The other part of our dorm

Where we had services

Where we sat for church and a glimpse of the huge crowd

Where we went to the Plenary session
My pathetic attempt at firework pictures 

This at least gives a view of the crowd 




Becca, Emma, Cora
Bre, me, Melinda,
Morgan, Ellie

Cousins! 


Roomies!

The 4 oldest girl cousins

Me and my bestest friends. Oh, and Ellie's there too... :P 

Serena, Ellie, Hannah, Rachel
Grace, Adri, Morgan
I spent last week at the Higher Things Youth Conference in Missouri. I think it was the best one yet.  I got to spend the whole week with my cousins and my good friends, laughing and catching up, obsessing over Worldview Everlasting and staying up late discussing the different things we learned in the breakaway sectionals and the plenaries.  Speaking of the breakaways, there were so many that looked good that it was hard to decide which to go to (Pastor Fisk's was a must from the start, though. :) )  I learned about 'Living Simul Iustus et Peccator', the minor prophets, 'Jesus' Seemingly Stupid Stories',  'Why the Small Catechism Totally Rocks', the Augsburg confession, and organ playing. Ellie and I competed in the Talent Show (we played Concerning Hobbits) and laughed our heads off at the video that won the film festival. Wednesday night everyone went to fireworks nearby.  All 800 of us. Although it was really only 12 of us because 12 is the church's number (that was this year's theme. 12) But, as always, the best part of the whole conference was the services, where we got to sing so many of my favorite hymns and hear 800 people singing 4-part harmony to beautiful organ music; and hear some of my favorite pastor's preach.  I didn't want it to be over. When we got home late Friday evening Bre, Becca, Emma, Ellie, and I stayed up watching Worldview Everlasting because we couldn't resist and they're just so good.


It was such an awesome week. The only not so good parts of the conference were the food and the 100 degree heat. And the lack of sleep. :) 



Part of the hymn 'At the Lamb's High Feast We Sing' during the closing service on Friday.

Part of the Te Deum during Matins on Wednesday morning. 


I can't wait for next year!

5 comments:

  1. YAYAYYAY! Higher Things! I can't even express how sad I am it's over. And your firework pictures were fine, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, why didn't we ever get a picture of the Tolkien group? That was an oversight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I was being stupid, as always... I think Morgan got a picture, though, so I'll have to have her send it to me. :)

      Delete
  3. Hehehe:) I'm so sad it's over...we are definately going next year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah... HT.
    :)
    Wish we coulda been there this year...

    ReplyDelete