Saturday, 11 August 2012

Adventure Is Out There






Some photos from a photo shoot I did with Ellie a couple days ago
The last month of summer is usually not fun.  I don't think it's fun for anyone, what with school hanging over our shoulders, but it's especially not fun for me because August usually brings heat and everyone knows by now how much I hate that.  It stands whispering in my ear "Winter will never come back because I'll last forever."  But so far, this August is turning out to be different.

If you want to get a feel for what these past few days have been for me, just go listen to the Up Soundtrack.  I've been listening to it all week and it goes right along with life lately.  Full of happy adventures and sad memories and... well, that music does a better job of describing my week than I ever will.  The weather has been a delicious 60- some degrees and I think I've been outside more this week than all the rest of summer combined.  I've been trying to teach myself to play Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody #2 on the piano, and let's just say it's hands down the hardest piece I've ever attempted.  I've been working lots lately, and reading and playing games, and talking, and taking pictures and just doing little things to pass my time.  And tomorrow all our cousins will be getting together for a big dinner (with cheesecake!!!) and it will be so much fun.  It always is.

Something unexpected always happens in life.  Maybe it's something little, like finding a penny in the parking lot.  Maybe it's something really, really big, like the weather cooling down 30 degrees after months of 90s and 100s. But those 'unexpecteds' are just an adventure waiting to happen.  Maybe I've been listening to Up a little too much, but I honestly think that everything you do has the potential to become an adventure.

I think the best way to get through the last month of summer is to have adventures, whether they be trying to learn an impossible piano piece, or having all your cousins over, or just going outside.  As someone very special to me said "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.  You step on to the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."  :)

Adventure is out there, you just have to look for it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures!!! And it was soo fun with all of the cousins!!!

    ReplyDelete