So this is my newest purchase...
Yeah, I can't believe I'm old enough to be buying a car either. But the name is a good one for a photographer, don't you think?
I actually bought this car on Monday before I had my drivers license. Yesterday my dad and I drove over to the same city he took his driving test in 25 years ago (which is about an hour and a half away from here but it was the only place we could go if we wanted to take the test before September). We arrived early so dad could take me around the town so I could get the feel for it before the test. We drove by the Princess movie theater where I saw Prince Caspian for the first time (and the last :P) and by Schmidt Bakery, the best of the best bakeries ever. We went into the courthouse and registered and saw one of my aunt's best friends who lived just down the road from her when they were kids. And then that moment I've been dreading all month came and it was time for the test.
Thankfully the tester was friendly and I didn't hit any of the flags during parallel parking or (shudder) 90 degree backing. The test only lasted about 10 minutes and then dad and I went back into the court house and filled out the paper work and I got my picture taken and now I'm officially a licensed driver.
And to celebrate dad bought me a cinnamon roll from Schmidt bakery. And then, on my request, we drove to the Farm, which I haven't seen for almost a year.
![]() |
| They cut back the grove... |
| Where the barn used to stand |
| It's red! |
| All that remains of Cora's and my fort |
They say a picture is worth a 1000 words and I hope that's the case because, in the words of Legolas, 'For me the grief is still to near' and words just won't come. So much has changed since last year. But some things haven't changed, like the fact that this will always be Grandpa and Grandma's house to me.




Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! :D awwww what have they done to the farm??? And the grove :(
ReplyDeleteThanks! I know, it looks so different. At least when you get inside the grove it looks the same. ;(
Delete