Thursday, 6 September 2012

Better




I've been busy.  Really, really busy.  I'm gone all day everyday at school and at work.  I can't tell you how much I took staying at home for granted until now when I'm taking college classes and can't do school on my bed while listening to music. Some days are better than others.  And some days I wake up and the last thing I want to do is go somewhere.  The past few days have been more of the latter.  Days where I'd rather stay home then drive half an hour to school and half an hour back and then 15 minutes to work and 15 minutes back. Days when I don't want to write all my papers or spend all that gas money.  And days when your family is home and you're not; when they're planning and packing and preparing for camp and you aren't because you can't go until half the week is up. 

But the cool breeze makes it better.  Reading LotR makes it better.  Listening to the Up soundtrack makes it better.  Raspberry jelly and Orange Pekoe Tea make it better.  Playing piano makes it better.  Good nights of sleep make it better.  Looking through old photos make it better. Watching Sherlock makes it better.  It doesn't make it great and it doesn't make it perfect, but it makes it better.  And sometimes better is the best you can do.







"I want to see mountains again, mountains Gandalf!  And then find someplace quiet where I can finish my book." 

You and me both, Bilbo

1 comment: