| Me with archery skills less than half as good as anyone in LotR |
| My little buddy for the week. Isn't he adorable? |
| The little ones went fishing. |
| What I ate at our last meal together at Emma Krumbee's |
![]() |
| Our stack of games for the week |
Sunday after church I said goodbye to my family and left for work. When I got back home they were gone, midway through the long drive to camp. I watched A Scandal in Belgravia and The Hounds of Baskerville, ate strawberries and drank tea and generally just tried to not think about all the fun I was missing. When Wednesday finally arrived, school couldn't end soon enough and the minute my piano lesson was over, I left for camp. 7 or so hours later I drove past the familiar camp sign and I was there.
The next few days were filled with fangirling over such British actors as Richard Armitage and Benedict Cumberbatch, drinking tea while sitting by the fireplace, filming this video, singing Call Me Maybe and the Beverly Hillbillies theme song at the top of our lungs in the middle of the lake, lying out in the tennis courts late at night watching the stars, ordering an artichoke burger with no artichoke, laughing hysterically in the wee hours of the night, competing in a Ladderball tournament (needless to say I didn't win), playing lots of board games (I actually won some of those), signing my name Sherlock Holmes, shooting imaginary orcs with bows and arrows, and taking hundreds of photographs of everyone and everything that crossed my path.
When the next Sunday rolled around we all drove to Emma Krumbee's and ate our last meal together. And then we had to say the dreaded goodbyes and drive away- our friends to the south and us to the west- not to see each other again until next year.
I'm already counting down to next time.







Cool! Looks Like you had fun!! My brother used to have that kind of bow!
ReplyDeleteWe had such a great time. I started laughing out loud just reading about it.
ReplyDeleteWhat am I doing in that picture? I look like a psychopath! I'm like plugging my nose!
ReplyDeleteother than that, lovely post, I can't wait till next year!