Saturday, 27 July 2013

Lake Flowers





















Ever since we arrived back in the Land of Lakes it has been beautifully cool; 60 degree temperatures that you feel like you can swim in after the sweltering heat of Indiana.  I walked down to the lake the other day while a storm began to brew in the distance and took a bunch of photos of the flowers there.  The bees flew around me (thank goodness I didn't get stung) and the construction workers just down the road probably stared on in amusement.  The lake was peaceful, although rather green towards the shore.  Someone had anchored their boat there it was a welcome addition to my photographs.  Soon, however, the sun that had been smiling down at us hid it's face and the clouds overcame it.  It started to rain (as it has done almost every day) and I half walked/half ran back home trying to protect my camera from the wet.  Despite the rain I have been outside more in the past week than I have the rest of July.  It really is lovely to be outside when you're not being roasted by the sun.  If more summer days were 60 degrees and spent at the lake, maybe summer and I would be on friendlier terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment