Sunday, 6 October 2013

An Autumn Afternoon














October 6, 2013.  Only fifty degrees outside and what could be better than hot baked apples, stuffed with cinnamon and sugar?  While we waited for the timer to sound we played a game of Dominion and listened to movie soundtracks.  The instant the apples were finished we devoured them and let's just say that they were heavenly.  The house smelled like cinnamon, the wind outside whistled by bitterly and Irene's Theme filled our ears.  A perfect autumn afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. This post is so dreamy :)

    My siblings went apple picking at our grandparents just last night, perhaps we should try stuffing them with cinnamon sugar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering I came back from my cousin's house with about 6 bags bursting with apples, I think now would be a good time to bake some apples...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. You both should try baking the apples because they are delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete