“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
Traveling gives you a new perspective on life. What did traveling to England give me, besides 1000+ photos? A love for tea, a hands-on knowledge of real life places like King's College and Westminster Abbey. Confidence and courage, appreciation for public transportation as well as appreciation for owning a car. A real place to associate with my favorite authors. A new way to eat 'chips', a love for choral evensong. The chance to see the world through different eyes. And England also gave me a deep, abiding, passionate love for travel. I don't believe my yearning for far away places will ever go away.
January 23rd is a day I will always remember. It was the day that I first travelled to a foreign country. It was a turning point in my life. The bravest moment in Bilbo's life was going on while in the caves of the misty mountains. The bravest thing I have ever done was step aboard that airplane headed to Heathrow airport. And that turned out to be one of the happiest things I have ever done as well.
2 years ago today I was flying to England. 2 years ago I had the best January ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment