Friday, 14 February 2014

Goodbye, England




While Feb. 14th to most of the world carries along hearts, candy, and love, for me it also brings with it memories of my last day in England. It had been one of the best three weeks of my life and now it was ending. I remember I started the day with a cup of Orange Pekoe Tea with Rachel. Then I told her and Miranda goodbye. I got in a cab, and then in a bus, and then in a plane. While waiting in the airport I ate a tuna sandwich and drank a whole pot of tea for lunch. I wandered around the shops in the airport and sprayed some Tresor Midnight Rose perfume on. Ever since that day I haven't been able to smell that perfume without the memories of England hitting me like a train wreck. Afterwards, it was time to board the plane and then... take off. Goodbye England. I saw London through the clouds and then all too quickly we were above the sea of white and could only see the sky.  I flew the 8 hours home watching Lord of the Rings the whole way.

What a wonderful trip it was, and two years ago already! It's hard to believe it was so long ago. And while today was the day I had to say goodbye to England, I hope that someday soon I will be able to say hello again.

No comments:

Post a Comment