This is a photo of five children who had to wake up at 4:45 in the morning. The looks on our faces say it all. The sun was also eager to be photographed, so you can see its fingers creeping in on us.
My brother is cooler than your brother because my brother wears bow ties and bow ties are cool.
I've been at a loss as to what to photograph lately, hence the randomness of this whole post. The light at the end of the day is so pretty that I feel I simply must capture it, but the photos are never something to write home about.
After waking up at the unearthly hour of 4:45 am, I proceeded to spend the next hour or so attempting to curl my stubborn hair which decided it had no intention of conforming to my ideas. Why do I even bother curling my hair anyway? With only five minutes to spare, I ran over to make it on time for the sunrise service. Once there I was reminded once again that life is more than fuming over disobedient hair, and was slapped in the face with the Easter gospel. Our congregation sang Luther's Easter hymn for the first time and I learned once again how beautiful and powerful it is. The service ended all too quickly, but after the pancake breakfast I got to return for the second service. How wonderful to be able to sing all the wonderful hymns, hear the Easter gospel and sermon, and receive the Lord's body and blood twice in one day!
We spent the day at our cousins' house playing games (I won Balderdash I will have you know) and stuffing our faces with delicious food. I believe I ate my body weight in strawberries. Then, being the exhausted college student that I am, I fell asleep on the couch and then again on the car ride home. Waking up early is hard! There's a reason I never do it otherwise.
And now Easter break is almost over and school is about to greet me with two tests. Oh the joy. I'd best stop procrastinating now and get to studying...
Christ is risen!
He is risen indeed! Alleluia!
Happy Easter!




Ellie, where did you get your dress? I like it ;)
ReplyDeleteAnswering for Ellie, she got it at Kohls :)
DeleteI love opening this post and being greeted by Abby's face. :)
ReplyDelete