We spent the last week at the Higher Things conference in Wisconsin. It was one of the best of the five conferences I've been too, I think. Everything about it was wonderful: visiting with friends and family, looking out over the brilliantly blue Lake Michigan, the awesome sectionals we went to (especially Pastor Fisk's on the Hiedelberg Disputation), and some of the best plenary sections I have ever been to. But all of these pale in comparison to the glorious services we attended. We went to ten services over the course of four days and it wasn't enough. We sang thirty-five hymns accompanied by the most wonderful organ playing you can imagine, and every time I sang myself hoarse. They're still on repeat in my head. The closing service was probably my favorite of all time and when it ended we all wished it could have started over again and kept on going forever and ever. Words are not enough to describe how splendid it was. Higher Things is my favorite part of summer.
Sunday, 13 July 2014
Crucified 2014
We spent the last week at the Higher Things conference in Wisconsin. It was one of the best of the five conferences I've been too, I think. Everything about it was wonderful: visiting with friends and family, looking out over the brilliantly blue Lake Michigan, the awesome sectionals we went to (especially Pastor Fisk's on the Hiedelberg Disputation), and some of the best plenary sections I have ever been to. But all of these pale in comparison to the glorious services we attended. We went to ten services over the course of four days and it wasn't enough. We sang thirty-five hymns accompanied by the most wonderful organ playing you can imagine, and every time I sang myself hoarse. They're still on repeat in my head. The closing service was probably my favorite of all time and when it ended we all wished it could have started over again and kept on going forever and ever. Words are not enough to describe how splendid it was. Higher Things is my favorite part of summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















This is basically the perfect explanation to how the week was! :) and I agree on the Fisk thing ;)
ReplyDeleteOh and I love the pictures :)
ReplyDelete