Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Into the Woods
















Last weekend was spent curled up in front of the fireplace, looking out across the lake, hiking through the woods, and laughing with friends. Camp is like a second home to me, and every time I go I leave a little more of my heart behind. This year was no different. The weather was cool and refreshing, the woods were a dark green sprinkled with a little red. We spent the first morning hiking along the many paths, revisiting favorite places and discovering new ones. On the way, we found the white hand of Saruman in an especially eerie part of the woods. By the end of the hike we were all panting and exhausted, but in a good way. There's nothing like a walk through the woods with best friends to start your day off right.

1 comment:

  1. This hike was probably the longest hike I had ever taken.

    ReplyDelete