Regardless of the fact that I have lived in Minnesota for 12 years and that winter is my favorite season, I had never skied before in my whole life until this past week. I imagined it would be fun, but I also guessed that it would be hard work, and that I would fall a lot and that it would be much more difficult than it appeared. I also figured there was a good chance of me not enjoying it simply because I am not athletic. Turns out, I was right on all accounts except the last. I absolutely loved it. Yes, it was work, but it was hardly as difficult as I imagined it would be. The feel of gliding through the snow and the smooth motion of the skis made any and all downsides disappear. In fact, it didn't feel like work at all, which is saying a lot considering how out of shape I am. I haven't had so much fun in a long time. Besides this, the woods were so beautiful that it felt as if we were wandering through the woods in Narnia. Every one of us loved doing it, and went out multiple times, even in sub zero temperatures when our fingers never stopped tingling from the cold. Yes we fell down a lot, got our skis tangled up, and had trouble scaling particularly steep or high hills, we all improved lots from the first day. By the last time, we felt as if we were old pros (or at least pros in the making).
Tuesday, 6 January 2015
Skiing through Narnia
Regardless of the fact that I have lived in Minnesota for 12 years and that winter is my favorite season, I had never skied before in my whole life until this past week. I imagined it would be fun, but I also guessed that it would be hard work, and that I would fall a lot and that it would be much more difficult than it appeared. I also figured there was a good chance of me not enjoying it simply because I am not athletic. Turns out, I was right on all accounts except the last. I absolutely loved it. Yes, it was work, but it was hardly as difficult as I imagined it would be. The feel of gliding through the snow and the smooth motion of the skis made any and all downsides disappear. In fact, it didn't feel like work at all, which is saying a lot considering how out of shape I am. I haven't had so much fun in a long time. Besides this, the woods were so beautiful that it felt as if we were wandering through the woods in Narnia. Every one of us loved doing it, and went out multiple times, even in sub zero temperatures when our fingers never stopped tingling from the cold. Yes we fell down a lot, got our skis tangled up, and had trouble scaling particularly steep or high hills, we all improved lots from the first day. By the last time, we felt as if we were old pros (or at least pros in the making).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















No comments:
Post a Comment