Sunday, 22 March 2015

Aren't we all ridiculous?

73/365

74/365

75/365

76/365

77/365

78/365

79/365

80/365

81/365



"Nor is there any embarrassment in the fact that we're ridiculous, isn't it true? For it's actually so, we are ridiculous, light-minded, with bad habits, we're bored, we don't know how to look, how to understand, we're all like that, all, you, and I, and they! Now, you're not offended when I tell you to your face that you're ridiculous? And if so, aren't you material? You know, in my opinion it's sometimes even good to be ridiculous, if not better: we can the sooner forgive each other, the sooner humble ourselves; we can't understand everything at once, we cant start right out with perfection! To achieve perfection, one must first begin by not understanding many things! And if we understand too quickly, we may not understand well. This I tell you, you, who have already been able to understand. .. and not understand … so much. I'm not afraid for you now."

-Prince Myshkin, Dostoevsky's The Idiot


2 comments:

  1. That night light picture is REALLY cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin and Nate kill me. How is it possible for there to be two sets of twins between our families?

    ReplyDelete