Friday, 29 July 2016

Is This A Kissing Post?

(Spoiler alert: the answer is yes)




Nick was up here visiting over this past weekend, and we decided we had better take this opportunity to get some engagement photos. Especially considering the fact that he won't be coming back again until the wedding. So Monday morning we found ourselves traipsing around the cities and trying not to let our smiles get too worn out. 




It's very different to be the one in engagement photos instead of the one taking them, let me tell you that. For one, being in them involves a lot more smiling and a lot less standing-funny-to-get-just-the-right-angle. For another, it's a lot less work. It's rather hard to believe that I've been on both ends now. Taking pictures is one of my favorite things, and having them taken of me isn't, but I must say, these photos were pretty darn fun to do.






We met up with Cora in St. Paul and wandered down the streets looking for nice brick buildings, pretty flowers, and shade from the sun. Then we got to act all couple-like and hold hands, smile at each other, and (gasp) kiss!



(I call this one the West Side Story photo)




I think Nick's primary objective of the day was "See how often I can make Hannah laugh by saying and doing ridiculous things." I've gotta say, I think he was pretty successful.




My primary goal was something more like "Try not to think about the fact that you are hungry." Just kidding.







All in all, it was quite a lovely morning, and we got so many lovely pictures (and so many of us being the dorks that we are). It's strange coming home from a photoshoot when I didn't take any of the photos, but it was totally worth it. And just think, the next time we have a coupley photoshoot, we will be getting married!

Three months!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! It looks like you had a fun fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I don't know you guys (and I feel kinda weird always commenting) but I just wanna say that you two, I can tell you love each other so much! You're really beautiful together (also love the dress you're wearing) and I pray for you guys to just have the best wedding and marriage! ^_^ And yes, very West Side Story!

    ReplyDelete