Thursday, 5 August 2021

Take Two

 


Well, let's just get down to it and admit that I either partially or completely failed every single one of my pretty meager goals for July. I probably did the best on my 30 minutes a day of exercise goal- I missed about 10 days which basically accounts for all the weekends. As far as outside time, we didn't even achieve half of my goal. I posted on my blog not once, I finished only the fifth Harry Potter book, and while I progressed on the Harry Potter game, I didn't manage to finish it. 

We also didn't manage to sell our house. Long story short, the buyer never did manage to get the money required that he didn't tell us he didn't have, and we had to relist. We had hoped to be well into the house searching process by now, but this has been a large bump in the road. We have now accepted another offer (and are praying it will actually go through this time), and are finally going to progress to the stage of looking at houses. 

On the bright side, it's a new month and that means new goals and perhaps the ability to finish them. August is a busy month, but for the first time in almost a year none of us will be making a 500 mile trip this month, and that feels like a big relief. Unsurprisingly, my goals for August are mostly just finishing those from July, but nevertheless I'm posting them here again.

100 hours outside. If we can't get that this month, we are gonna be hard pressed to reach 1000 in one year. Actually, I would love to get more like 150 hours outside this month (and I think we managed that last August), but I'm keeping my goal to the more reasonable number of 100, which was apparently already a lofty goal last month. 

Continue doing 30 min. of physical activity/exercise a day. So far, so good on this one. 

Finish and play test our Harry Potter game. We are very close on this one, but still have a few pieces hanging.

Facebook break. I plan not to log back into Facebook for the entirety of the month (unless I decide to post a few photos from Matthew and Alyssa's recent wedding to my photography page). I already check Facebook pretty infrequently, and I deleted it from my phone ages ago, but I've found recently that it's been nothing but stress-inducing and annoying to scroll through it, even with it as pared down as I have it. I don't know that I can ever completely delete Facebook due to the ability to share the photography work I do and the ability to keep up with the one or two groups I like on it. However, I think frequent moratoriums on Facebook do me very well and I find I am a much happier person when I log out and do other things.

Blog posts. I would love to do more frequent blog posts (I already said this last month, of course), but I'm hoping to actually accomplish a few this time. I like Instagram as an outlet for creativity, but I like the extra space that is available in a blog post. 

I've got plenty of other things I want to get done this month, but these are the main ones I'm going to attempt and hopefully accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment