Our little Cranberry was due mid-November. Seeing as both of my other girls came over a week late, I figured she would be late as well, but I was hoping that since I did manage to go into labor on my own with Pippa that I would be able to this time also, and that perhaps it would be a little earlier than 13 days late. In fact, we didn't even have the car seat in or the bag packed until her due date this time. (That's tempting fate if I've ever heard of it, and yet even fate said no). However, no matter how much you prepare yourself ahead of time for having a late baby, nothing changes the fact that every single day after your due date lasts for years and is just so incredibly uncomfortable. We had appointments frequently, and every one showed baby doing fine, so we just kept waiting, hoping that she would finally decide to come if we tried this that or the other thing.
To anyone who is wondering if any natural inductions work, the answer is: they don't.
Finally, as 42 weeks approached and, by some measures, passed, we scheduled the induction and I resigned myself to the fact that at 6:30 on Wednesday morning, I'd be going in for an induction after all. But, just like her big sister Pippa, the threat of Pitocin was apparently enough for her, and I woke up early in the morning with steady contractions. Little Henrietta was born at 7:07 am, just a half hour after her induction was scheduled to start.
Pippa was a big baby, but little Henrietta wanted to be even bigger. She was a gigantic 11 pounds, 6 ounces and 22 inches long. No, that's not a typo, and I just hope that she holds the record as my biggest baby forever (pleeeeease). She was also the biggest baby born at the birth center!








No comments:
Post a Comment