Once on the plane I looked through the list of movies and discovered that they have all three LotR movies and so I had a Lord of the Rings marathon for the whole 8 hours I was on the plane. I had never actually watched all of the non-extended versions, and I must say the extended are so much better. I got through all of the Fellowship and the Two Towers and through an hour of the Return of the King before we began descent and I had to stop watching.
I landed a half an hour earlier than expected, sped through customs (may I just say I have never been more thankful than when the guy at customs let me go through after only three questions) and met up with my family. We tried to catch up over supper (I had already eaten 4 times that day so I just had yogurt with strawberries. Because you can never be too full for strawberries.) and then we drove home and I got to sleep in my own bed again. Yay! My day was officially perfect when I got home and saw snow. About as much as we had in Cambridge, only it didn't cause nearly the excitement it did there.
My sister tagged me a few days ago for 11 odds, 11 questions, and 11 answers. Since basically everything about me is odd, 11 odd facts shouldn't be that hard to come by. . .
1. I don't like anything carbonated.
2. I can basically recite, word for word, the entire extended editions of all three LotR movies.
3. I find languages fascinating.
4. I abhor summer the way nature abhors a vacuum.
5. I can memorize the lyrics to a song after only three listens
6. I like making games. Board games, card games, word games, outside games, you name it, I've made at least one.
7. I don't like having my fingernails painted, but I always paint my toenails.
8. I speak fluently in movie quotes.
9. I get all my best ideas right before I fall asleep.
10. I like grocery shopping a lot more than clothes shopping. But the best kind of shopping is at a bookstore.
11. I talk about fictional characters as if they're real.
Now, I have to answer 11 questions Ellie asked...
1. Vegetables or fruit? Fruit. For sure. Not because vegetables are bad, but because fruit is so good. Also, you should already know this about me because strawberries are my favorite food.
2. Would you rather have an apartment or house? Um, a house for sure.
3. How many siblings do you have? 2 brothers, 2 sisters, all younger than me.
4. If you and I were to have a slumber party, what would we do? Well, we'd either watch movies or stay up late talking, or I may be able to convince you to play a game. Maybe.
5. Would you rather have 1 big mirror on your wall or lots of little ones? Um, this is a weird question. I guess one big one.
6. What celebrity would you want to go shopping with? I already said I hate clothes shopping. But I would love to go book shopping with Tolkien. Mwahahahaha.
7. Do you ever make movies? Constantly.
8. Do you play guitar, or do you want to? I play yours. :)
9. Pizza or hamburgers? Hard question. Depends on the kind of pizza. Let's pretend it's fruit pizza and I'll go with that.
10. Would you rather go to Florida or Alaska? Alaska. I've been to Florida already and plus, I love snow.
11. Do you like your blog? Yes or I would change it.
Now I'm supposed to ask 11 questions. And then have 11 people answer them. The problem is that I don't know that many people with blogs SO for my 11 people I choose YOU who are reading this and have a blog and want to do it. Your 11 questions are...
1. Do you write mostly in print or cursive?
2. What was your favorite movie as a little kid?
3. If you had three wishes, what would you use them on?
4. Who's your favorite LotR character?
5. Center or Centre?
6. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
7. What's your least favorite song?
8. What book genre is your favorite?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
10. What made you choose your blog's name?
11. How many times do you run your dishwasher in a day?
So have fun! And I will be posting pictures soon. I hope.
I posted my answers on my blog, http://themerrylittlebreezes.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your pictures from England and am excited to see more.
Hey there, Hannah, I wanted to say thanks for following my blog! I love that you love Lord of the Rings, because I do too :) It's the BEST story, isn't it? Have you read the books? I'm on my second time in a row reading them, and they're SO good. I've seen the movies, too, though :)
ReplyDeleteTo answer your questions, my favorite LoTR character is SAMWISE. Should be self-explanatory. I mean, seriously, he's amazing :) Second favorite would have to be Peregrin. I love them both :)
Thankyou for having a countdown for The Hobbit on your sidebar! I literally CANNOT wait to see it!! :)
Abbie /// XOXO
P.S. Reading back into your old posts, I saw the one about filling a whole whiteboard with quotes from LoTR. And guess what? Since we have a giant chalkboard in our house, I'm going to do just that.