Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Outside of Time and Space

Okay, maybe not so much space, but I'm definitely outside of time. My flight left England today at 3:00 and I arrive home at 6:00. But it's an 8 hour flight! Where are the missing 5 hours? Well, you can either choose the logical answer that I am skipping over time zones, or you can use the awesome, exciting, imaginative answer which is that for five hours I am outside of time. And seeing as I don't tend to like the first answer (see my Super Bowl post :)), you can be sure that I'm choosing the second.

I was going to post about my trip to Oxford, but I haven't had a chance to download my pictures onto the computer, so you'll have to wait a few more days for that. But I had a wonderful time there. We stayed overnight and St. John's college and Friday evening Jonathan and I went to the Eagle and the Child for supper. Which was really busy but really, really cool. The next day we went and tried to see as many Tolkien and Lewis sites as we could manage- we saw Tolkien's grave, Lewis' grave, the churches they attended, the Kilns, some of the many houses Tolkien lived in, Magdalen college, Pembroke college, and a few other things as well. Sadly, we didn't get to go into the Kilns or into any of Tolkien's houses but we got to see the outsides. It was a long day, but it was one of the best. Prepare yourselves for a swarm of pictures soon :)

England has gone by so fast that, try as I might, I couldn't keep up with posting about everything I did. So I'll probably be posting about England for quite a while into the future. :) I've become an official tea drinker (I don't think it's possible to be in England three weeks and not end up liking tea. Really, they drink tea constantly. So you learn to like it, and plus, theirs is better.) and know my way around Cambridge well. And I think I've talked about the weather more than I ever have in my life. So British customs are definitely rubbing off on me. :) But it will be nice to be home.

Oh, and I do plan to be back. Mwahahahahaha.

Happy Valentine's day! Let's hope I don't get stopped in customs again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment