Monday, 23 April 2012

Expressions



We photographers love taking pictures of people when they have the perfect smile or the perfect wistful expression or thoughtful gaze. But all too often the model (especially if said model is under 13 years old) prefers to pose like this...


But sometimes pictures like these are just as good if not better. They have life in them. You can see the person's personality shining through. You can see how they like to act (what, you mean little kids like to be goofy? I would never be goofy. cough cough.)

So go ahead, tell the person you're photographing to be goofy. Those are the pictures that, when you look through photo albums 50 years down the road, will make you burst out laughing again. Those are the ones that will remind you the most of what life is like now.


P. S. We saw the Hunger Games yesterday. I'm pretty sure my dad, mom, sister, and I are the only people on the planet who didn't like it. I'll elaborate on why I didn't like it in another post. :) All I can say is, Bre, you called it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Chillax, Hannah. Me & Dad weren't impressed with THG either.

    HA those pictures made me laugh! (Course, everything is making me laugh today.) That's totally my 2 brothers aged 7 & 15. I can relate :)

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha those are great pics!

    ReplyDelete