Why haven't I've been posting? Well, it's a long story...
Well I realized late Thursday evening that I hadn't posted in a few days but it was much too late to post. As I lay in bed I came up with a bunch of cool ideas (you know that's when all the best ideas come) and I awaited the morning anxiously. Little did I know what that Friday would bring. I woke up late that day; the light that normally wakes me was strangely absent and my alarm clock was blinking 12:00. "Power shortage" I said to myself as I jumped out of bed and threw on some clothes. I grabbed my hair brush and quickly did my hair, but as I glanced in the mirror double checking my appearance, I noticed a long crack that hadn't been there before. I ran my finger along it gently, wondering how on earth it got there and completely not expecting the resulting crash as it all came tumbling down on me. Well, needless to say my mom wasn't that happy with me and I spent the next hour cleaning up the mess. I had barely finished vacuuming up the little pieces of glass when my sister came in and told me my siblings had decided to watch LotR. Last disc of the extended Return of the King, to be exact. So of course I ran downstairs at top speed and claimed my usual seat on the far end of the couch. My sister put the disc in and we were just at the part where Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli crash the corsairs' ship when- horror of horrors- the disc skipped. I seized the controls from my brother and frantically tried everything I knew to get it to work but the disc was officially ruined. That may or may not have been the most traumatic experience in my life but I didn't have much time to recover because my dad called me upstairs and told me that my NLE scores were back and he wanted to let me know how I did. I wiped the tears from my eyes and came upstairs, hoping that my score would be good enough to add a small glimmer of light to my darkened day. "Here, go ahead and look at it." he said, handing me the papers. I took them and scanned the page for my score. Hannah- 0. I did a double take. "I thought you said you were doing better in Latin this year" he said, reproachfully. "I, I thought I was." I said. I didn't even know it was possible to get a 0 on the National Latin Exam. Was this some sort of joke? "I'm thinking we'd better put you back in Prima Latina"
I won't bore you with the details of the ensuing bout of the flu, how I dropped my iPod in a sink full of water, the salt I substituted in scones, the frozen strawberries I dropped and spilled all over the floor, and all the other tragic occurrences that happened to me that day. Suffice it to say that by the end of the day I had walked outside, under a ladder, while a black cat crossed my path and simultaneously ran into Voldemort and got Avada Kedavra-ed to death. But obviously I'm still here since I'm posting this... turns out I can't get out of my seven years bad luck that easily (you remember, broken mirrors and such) so I get to hang around here in ghost form and catch up on all that bad luck.
Happy Tuesday the 17th, ya'll.
Did you watch that Psych episode today? We totally did. :)
Ha! This was quite funny!
ReplyDeleteAw! Sucks that your disk broke, I woulda cried too I think. Hope you have a better day! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, no!!! That's super sad :( I can't decide which is the worst.
ReplyDeleteOn a lighter note, I made your Pumpkin Cranberry Streusel Muffins yesterday! They were amazing :)
Abbie /// XOXOX