Thursday, 24 May 2012

Organs

Just some pictures of my favorite instrument so you can see how its appearance matches the beauty of its voice.


The organs in St. Thomaskirche in Leipzig. Yes, There are two. Yes, I am jealous.

The organ in the chapel of the Augustinian Monastary in Erfurt

The organ in St Peter and St Paul's church in Eisleben

The organ in St. Mary's dome in Erfurt

At the Weißkirche

At the church in the Augustinian monastery in Erfurt

At a church either in Gotha or in Eisenach, my memory fails me

At the church where Bach was baptized

At St. Andrew's in Eisleben

At the Schlosskirche


Please forgive any mistakes I made in trying to name all the churches and please also overlook the sometimes horrible pictures. It's hard to take pictures in churches.

2 comments:

  1. *whew* I thought we were going to be looking at pictures of kidneys and livers and stuff. These are much nicer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a lot of pipes!!! And they are very pretty instruments!! I'm jealous of your skills and how you can play them! :)

    ReplyDelete