Sunday, 10 June 2012

Up, Up, and Away


At the end of the pink  smoke is a guy in a parachute







The wing walker



A glimpse of the crowds and the Blue Angels





The trail of smoke left by...

... the Oracle 3

Bilbo's blowing smoke rings again...






The Blue Angels


I just cut off the tip of the guy in front- they move soooo fast



...and... BREAK

Saturday we went to the Minnesota Air Spectacular.  It was brutally hot, the sun beat down on us from above, the smell of sunscreen filled our nostrils and the songs of angels filled our ears.  Blue Angels, that is.  Boy are they loud.  But despite the extreme noise and the even more extreme heat we had a wonderful day.  We got to see a few planes up close, had the chance to do pull-ups which I declined, and got an Air Force water bottle. During the show we got to see parachuting and wing walking, helicopters and stunt planes and biplanes and even a couple fireworks. No, I was not fast enough with the shutter to get a picture of the fireworks. At the very end of the show we got to see the Blue Angels; obviously they wanted you to stay for the whole thing.  After the show we waited in the parking lot for an hour, waiting our turn to get back on the road. But at least it was air conditioned...  So yes, it was a spectacular Saturday.

And I applaud you if you looked at every one of those pictures- I took over 500.  But I only posted 30 :P

3 comments:

  1. Love the reference to Bilbo's smoke rings :) Thanks for the applause!

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are amazing! I should go to this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sweett!!!! You are good at taking pics!! That looks really cool and fun to go to!!!

    ReplyDelete