Camp and photography go hand in hand for me. Last year at camp I stole borrowed my mom's DSLR for the week, ending up with about 200 pictures, some of which were good and some of which were just a 15 year old trying to use manual settings without the foggiest idea of how you should. It was those pictures, however, and that week which made me decide that I maybe kind of liked photography. Do you remember this post? Those are some of the pictures I took that week. When we came back from camp I kept using my mom's camera, trying to take good pictures when I didn't even know what ISO or Aperture was. Some pictures worked and most pictures didn't but that was okay because I stayed interested.
Right about the time the possibility to go to England came up (November, if I recall), I was getting over the intense weeks of NaNoWriMo, I needed another hobby to take the place of writing for a while, and I made the decision to buy my own DSLR. 2 photography classes and 2 overseas trips later, I've gotten better and better at photography and now it's been a year since that first time I picked up my mom's camera to just try it out.
This year I took over twice as many photos and many more worth keeping. So here are the results of one of the photoshoots I did; out on the lake at sunset at the place that first inspired me to become a photographer.




Pretty pictures!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteaaaaahhhhhhh love this! especially the second last one :)
ReplyDelete