These are a few pictures of the creative mess that is involved in decorating cookies at our house: fingers stained with food-coloring and knives covered in frosting, everyone trying to make a cookie that has never been done before. As my mom says, decorating cookies isn't just spreading white frosting on them and dumping sprinkles on them, for her it's a form of art. So we dye the frosting red and green and black and blue and yellow and brown and spend an afternoon decorating them. It's messy and time-consuming but it's so much fun and it's worth it in the end. Cookies decorated with care just taste so much better.
Saturday, 22 December 2012
An Afternoon of Cookies
These are a few pictures of the creative mess that is involved in decorating cookies at our house: fingers stained with food-coloring and knives covered in frosting, everyone trying to make a cookie that has never been done before. As my mom says, decorating cookies isn't just spreading white frosting on them and dumping sprinkles on them, for her it's a form of art. So we dye the frosting red and green and black and blue and yellow and brown and spend an afternoon decorating them. It's messy and time-consuming but it's so much fun and it's worth it in the end. Cookies decorated with care just taste so much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















I recently had my own cookie decorating experience and it was so fun. I like that its a form of art for your mom. I wish that I was talented enough to consider it a form of art for me. I love your last line: cookies decorated with care just taste so much better. AGREED!
ReplyDelete