Tuesday, 5 March 2013

The Crownless Again Shall Be King






March 1st is rather a special day.  For one, it brings in a new month.  For another, it begins the month in which lots and lots of important things happened in Middle Earth (today is the day that Pippin stole the Palantir and  Gandalf and Pippin leave for Minas Tirith). But of course, the most important thing that happened on March 1st is that Aragorn was born (and died, but that's too depressing for today).

Knowing me, we couldn't just forget about it, so Abby and Sam and I made cupcakes and decorated them Lord of the Rings style and then watched the whole Return of the King on our new TV and sound system.  It was the very definition of epic.

Also, if you're wondering why one of the cupcakes says 98, it's because if Aragorn was 87 when the Two Towers came out in 2002, we figured it's only logical for him to be 98 in 2013. :)

Happy March a few days late!  Go celebrate by watching the Return of the King (basically all of it happens during March, so it's the perfect excuse :))

3 comments:

  1. Ok, these are the coolest cupcakes ever! I wouldn't be able to make them any near as nice as these ones! I love the one with elvish writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST LOVE RETURN OF THE KING AND ARAGORN SO MUCH OKAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are some very epic cupcakes!
    Love Lord of The Rings.
    Beth xxxx

    ReplyDelete