A glimpse of the Brandenburg Gate
I saw this statue and immediately thought "Oh, it's Vespasian!", without even looking at the plaque. Obviously I care too much about Roman History.
The biggest elevator I have ever been in.
The fastest car in the world
May 25th would have been our second day in Berlin. We rode the 100 bus all around Berlin and saw the sites from the cool air-conditioning of a double decker and then we got out and walked around. First we stopped by the Neues Museum. It had lots of Egyptian artifacts, including the bust of Nefertiti (pictures aren't allowed of that, as I'm sure you've already guessed) but the audio guides talked more about the rooms than what was in them. So overall, I didn't really like that museum. Next we stopped by a little brat stand and then took a boat tour of the city. It was very hot on the boat and the audio guides didn't work at all so we made up stories to go with the buildings and talked amongst ourselves. We also stopped by an auto museum and saw the Bugatti Veyron, the fastest car in the world with 1001 horsepower. What can I say, my parents watch and love Top Gear. :)
Berlin was the last stop on our trip. This time last year we only had two days left in Europe. I hope you guys have been enjoying reading about our trip, but if you haven't take heart because the posts are almost over. Almost, but not quite. Expect more on Berlin within the next couple days!
No comments:
Post a Comment