King Nathan and his courtiers
Dad lifting a cannonball
This is how our pajamas were folded when we got back
Playing Scrabble
Snow!
The most delicious steak ever
The Misty Mountains (cough cough)
Lake Plansee (aka the most beautiful place I've ever been)
Driving through the snowy mountains
The cemetery around the church in Oberammergau
It was Ascension Day
The Weiskirche which would have been better called The Pink Church
Cruising on the Autobahn
Bye-bye mountains
One of our apartments in Rothenburg
The city gate
Mother and her lovely linens
Even in Germany they love Lord of the Rings (this would have been an EPIC souvenir)
The Nightwatchman
What can I say about our last days in Reutte? It snowed (I never loved May 16th more!) and so we had an indoors day. We toured the medieval museum that was by the Ehrenburg castle ruins. It was an interactive museum, so you could try on armor, hold the weapons and do all sorts of other awesome things. After that we went back to our Gastehaus and played Scrabble while watching German television. It was fun to try to pick out what was being said using our very basic knowledge of the language. For supper that night we went to the Restaurant where Dad, Mom, and Sam went out earlier for the infamous 'just a beer' incident. The steak was, to put it simply, the best ever. If that photo of it doesn't make your tummy grumble, I don't know what will. But sadly, the next morning we had to bid Reutte goodbye. On our drive to Rothenburg we stopped at Lake Plansee. All I can say is that the photos don't do it justice, Also, snow covered mountains might just be the prettiest thing I've ever seen in my whole life. But I can't really moan too much about leaving Reutte because the rest of the day was so much fun. We stopped by Oberammergau, a city famous for its woodcarvings, but were surprised to find that none of the shops were open. And then we remembered that it was Ascension Day. Everyone was in the church and because the service had already started, we stood outside with a German man and listened. They had a choir and an orchestra inside and the music was beautiful. Afterwards the men paraded around town in their Bavarian dress and the shops opened up. And it was there that I bought my beautiful Crucifix, my favorite souvenir from our trip. From Oberammergau we went to the Weiskirche, which was just finishing up its Ascension Day service. I must admit, the church was too pink for me. Finally, we arrived at Rothenburg, a walled medieval town. We walked around on the wall, we saw a shop that sold LotR swords, and we went on the Nightwatchman's tour. That was one of the most enjoyable tours I've ever been on. Due to a mix up with where we were staying, we got two apartments for Rothenburg and that was so nice to come back to after a long day of adventuring.



























































No comments:
Post a Comment