Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Interview 4: Dad


Favorite City?
Erfurt- I love the feel of the city, the city square, and how you can so easily spend the day walking and exploring, sitting and eating and drinking.




One place you wish you had stayed longer?
I wish we had stayed longer everywhere we went, but if I had to do it again in the same number of days, I wouldn't change a thing.



Favorite food?
Nothing beat the pizza and gelato in Rome, or the brats, Doner Kebabs, beer and ice cream all throughout Germany and Austria!



One of the coolest things you saw?
Seeing the hustle and bustle- and history- of Rome.

Something that you remember being different from America?
Ice cream cones as a regular part of everyday life, even in the morning!



What was your favorite purchase?
Definitely the plane tickets.  That purchase set it all in motion.  There was no turning back after that!

Something that you thought was funny on the trip?
I thought it was funny how people reacted to a family of seven on holiday from America.


What was the prettiest thing you saw?
The most beautiful thing I saw was my wife and children frolicking in the alps at Reutte.

What is one of your favorite memories?
One of my favorite memories was coming over the hill on our first day in Rome and beholding the Colosseum and the eternal city for the first time.



How were the plane rides?
The plane rides were better than expected.  I was able to sleep and rest on the way over, and managed the return trip better than the previous time.  The lack of transportation at the airport in Rome was another story.


How was the train ride?
The train ride was hot but wonderful.  The train station in Rome was terrifying, but the German couple, the food, and the views on the train were delightful.


What was your favorite museum/object in a museum?
My favorite museum was the Pergamon in Berlin.  My favorite thing in a museum was the Pieta in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.



Something else you want to say?
My favorite part of the whole thing was sharing it all with my whole family, making a long held dream into a marvelous reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment