Thursday, 23 May 2013

We'll just have to go Bach

Because I'm sure you've never heard a pun on Bach's name before. :)



If only it wasn't under construction!

So yummy



Where Luther preached his last sermon

More construction!

Bach's church



Where Bach is buried





A year ago yesterday we attempted to visit the church in Weimar with the beautiful altar painting that you can sort of see above.  Sadly though, the pictures show you plainly that the church was under construction.  I don't know what they were doing, but it made me sad that they tore down so many things from the church and we didn't get to see it except through plastic.  When we stopped by the house where Luther died, we found that it also was under construction.  I guess we'll just have to go back to see those two things. :)  But our very short stay in Leipzig was wonderful.  We spent the night there on the 22nd and the next day we toured the Bach museum and the church where he served.  Seeing as Bach has always been my favorite composer, I loved every minute of it. I even got to meet him, just as I met Tolkien and Lewis a year and a few months ago.  Guys, it will be so cool when someday I get to meet these three face to face in heaven.  But while we're still on this earth, just visiting their graves is enough.  Bach is often called a genius, and that's because he really truly was.  He wrote amazing music and understood so much about both music and theology.  And he was Lutheran to boot!    Definitely one of the highlights of our trip for me was visiting the Bach sites.  I don't have many photos of the day because as always "no photos allowed in the museum".  From Leipzig we went on to Wittenberg, one of Mom and Dad's favorite cities.  But you'll have to wait a little while longer to see photos of that beautiful city. :)

1 comment:

  1. The churches are so pretty! I love looking at old churches :)

    ReplyDelete