Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Mountains, Gandalf

This is where we stayed while in Reutte





Such pretty flowers in Reutte!



Abby loved picking flowers.  The woman who was in charge of Archery told us that they can make cough syrup out of these flowers.



My brothers being archers

Abby gave me flowers

The kids with the lady who helped us with archery






Playing on the castle ruins


Overlooking the city

Hey there!










"I want to see mountains again, mountains, Gandalf."

When we got to Reutte we found out that we would be able to do archery in the Alps.  Dad, "Do we want to go?"  Um, yes.  So off we went.  We didn't know we would be the only ones doing it.  We didn't know that the woman who was running it didn't know much English.  We didn't know it would be literally in the middle of the Alps.  But it was an amazing adventure.  We got one-on-one attention and didn't have to wait for others to have their turn.  We got to try to communicate through our broken German and her broken English.  We were surrounded by mountains.  It was so cool.  

After archery we went to the Ehrenberg castle ruins.  It was a long, tiring hike up to the ruins but it was worth it.  Oh boy was it worth it.  The boys pretended to be knights in the castle whileI ran around taking photos of everything because the view was amazing.  And the mountains.  I love the mountains. I will always love the mountains.  Bilbo's line in the Lord of the Rings will always ring true for me.  "I want to see mountains again, mountains, Gandalf."  Someday I will.  But for now, I get to enjoy the photos and the memories.  And I hope you're enjoying them too. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm love these posts!! The beautiful pictures, along with the LOTR quotes, make them incredibly enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying them (and my LotR quotes) You can expect many, many more. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers and mountains! I love these points along with the quotes. :D If I did a post like this on my blog, would you read it, Hannah? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely would read it if you posted it. :) Let me know if you do!

      Delete