Friday, 28 June 2013

A Day in Photos

June 27th, 2013

The Challenge:
One photo every waking hour for a day


8:30 am.  I woke up for the first time in days to the sun shining brightly.  The trees and the grass are so green and beautiful that it almost makes up for the effort of getting out of bed.  Almost.


9:30 am.  Abby and I went for a run.  It was hot and sweaty and I feel that run in my legs even now but I did it.  I'm trying to prepare for a PE class this fall which I'm dreading.  I've never (ever ever ever ever ever) been a runner, but maybe I can change that this summer.


10:30 am.  Back from the run in time to see Mom put the finishing touches on the porch.  She painted the floor blue and it looks beautiful.


11:30 am.  My best friend sent me a lovely letter in the mail.  Letters are so much better than emails.


12:30 pm.  Ate lunch at the local meat market (doesn't that look delicious?).  I hadn't had onion rings in who knows how long and they were oh-so-yummy.


1:30 pm.  Editing engagement photos and listening to music.  Movie soundtracks, Michael Buble, and Fun make up most of my summer playlist.


2:30 pm.  What better way to spend your afternoon than curled up in a chair with a good book?


3:30 pm.  Ellie made us apple pie.  Enough said.


4:30 pm.  You don't know me at all if you weren't expecting a photo of flowers somewhere in this post.  Well, here it is.


5:30 pm.  Summer days can be tiring for little boys (although he's not all that little anymore)


6:30 pm.  Reading about English history on the front porch.  I'm nothing if not a nerd and I find British history so fascinating that I voluntarily read books on that topic in my free time.


7:30 pm.  It's always in the evenings when I miss travel so much.  Please can I go back?


8:30 pm.  Bedtime and tea were meant to be together.


9:30 pm.  I'm so in love with this show.


10:30 pm.  Keeping my goal of writing something every day this summer.  It's much harder than you'd think.  And obviously I shouldn't be up so late, because I wrote down that the month was July.  I need some sleep, guys. :)

If you guys thought this was an interesting post, go ahead and try it yourselves!  It was challenging, but fun and I ended up with many more photos than I expected to!  What better way to document a day in your life than with photos? 

3 comments:

  1. oooh! I love, love, love this! I should try this sometime *puts on non-existent blog idea list* anyway....

    I am in no way a runner. :P But I pretend to be.

    The porch looks lovely :)

    Yes, letters are indeed better than emails. If a guy ever sends me a letter, any letter, I would fall desperately in love with him.

    Oh. my. gosh! I can't remember the last time I had onion rings, but they look so good!

    Reading, Apple pie, tea! this post has it all :)

    haha... but yeah.

    (and british history is da bomb dot com!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, an hourly photo log!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea, I think I might try it sometime!
    Journaling everyday is a really great thing to try, it always seems to me that it makes time pass slower.
    Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete