Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Life as of Late







Sometimes the photos you love the most are the ones you never saw coming.  I never saw that bee in the photo above.  It came at the perfect time, and I just happened to take a photo.  If only I had focused just a little farther back on that flower...
I've been missing winter lately.  I made Melting Moments cookies again (I love them to death) and every time I eat one it's like it's Christmas again.  Funny how tastes can bring back such strong memories.  Peppermint is pretty much winter summed up in taste.
I know you're probably wondering where this post is going, and to tell you the truth, I don't know myself.  Maybe I'll just finish it off with a list of things I've been doing lately.

Reading:
   North and South by Elisabeth Gaskell (so so good, I'll leave it up to you to decide if I'm talking about the book or about the man in it. :))
   The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie.
   The Fall of Arthur by J. R. R. Tolkien (Tolkien was a MASTER of the English language, let me just tell you)
   100 Poems by E. E. Cummings

Watching:
   Star Trek Into Darkness (!!!!)
   Monsters University (saw it today for my dad's birthday)
   Doctor Who (why must it always be so good?)
   That Thing You Do

Missing:
   My mom (she's coming back tomorrow :))
   Higher Things
   Winter
   Camp
   Friends and family who live too far away for my liking
   Europe (I know, I'm always missing Europe)

Doing:
  Photo shoots with my sister (coming soon)
  Playing 65 with my siblings
  Sleeping a lot (that's what vacation is for)
  Eating a lot (that's what Mamaw's house is for)
  Fighting off a cold that has been around ever since we left home.

What have you been up to lately?

2 comments:

  1. Those photos are lovely!
    It's funny how you're missing Winter and here I in Australia longing for Spring!
    Beth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm missing Higher Things too :( And I simply must watch That Thing You Do soon!

    ReplyDelete