Thursday, 21 November 2013
Middle Earth Challenge (Days 19-21)
Day 19: Least Favorite Character
The first person who came to mind is Denethor. He is so horrible to Faramir that I don't think I could ever forgive him. Although I must admit I've had great fun eating tomatoes the way he does over the years. He's constantly telling Faramir how Boromir is better than he is. He even tells him that he wishes Faramir had died instead of Boromir! And then he sends Faramir to his death and when Faramir comes back at the point of death he acts as if it wasn't his fault that Faramir was out fighting in the first place. Basically, Denethor is the worst father ever.
Day 20: Scariest Moment
When I was little I always jumped at Bilbo's give-me-the-ring-now face. Also, the scene with the ring wraiths at the Prancing Pony was always pretty frightening. Those are the main two that come to mind anyway.
Day 21: Saddest Death
Oh dear. Where to begin? Gandalf? Boromir? Theoden? Fingon? Finrod? Practically everyone in The Children of Hurin?
I'm going to pick Theoden, I think, because I don't think he gets enough appreciation. He was a great king of Rohan, despite being so heavily influenced by Saruman and Wormtongue. He had so many hard decisions to make, and he died while fighting for Gondor which wasn't even his city. Much more noble than his counterpart Denethor. Have I mentioned how much I hate Denethor?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




So from reading this I'm starting to understand that you don't like Denethor. ;) I don't either. He drives me nuts. I greatly enjoy the scene where Gandalf whacks him in the head with his staff. :)
ReplyDelete