Monday, 18 November 2013

Middle Earth Challenge (Days 14-18)



Day 14: Saddest Quote
Why is it that sad things are often so beautiful? I don't know.  Sad quotes... there are quite a lot of those, I think.  A few that come to mind:


"No!" said Aragorn, taking his hand and kissing his brow. "You have conquered.  Few have gained such a victory.  Be at peace! Minas Tirith shall not fall!"



Also, while looking these up I found this blog and it is so wonderful that you simply must check it out.  Okay... moving on...

Day 15: Best Steed
Huan.  Yes, yes, I know he's not a horse technically speaking but he is horse sized and Luthien rides him as if he's a horse.  I love him dearly.  And that's saying a lot because I'm not typically someone who has strong feelings toward animals (unless the strong feeling is dislike).

Day 16: Best Antagonist:
I have to admit that I rather love Smaug.  Partly because he's a dragon and dragons are really cool (even though they're evil), partly because of the epic dialogue between him and Bilbo and partly because he's voiced by a certain someone who I may or may not have a thing for in the upcoming movie.  He is, shall I say, wicked awesome.


Day 17: Favorite Male Character:
All of you already know of my undying love for Aragorn.  See here and here for examples.  But he is only my favorite in the Lord of the Rings.  It would be impossible for me to choose a favorite out of ALL of the characters of Middle Earth.  That would be like asking me to pick my favorite family member.  Sorry.  Not going to happen.  For simplicity sake we'll pretend the question was only asking about LotR

Day 18: Favorite Female Character:
Now this one is much easier because there are so many fewer girls in Middle Earth.  Luthien will always be my favorite of them because her story is so glorious.  She defeats Sauron for goodness sake!  How could you not love her?  When people ask me what I want to be when I grow up, I should just respond with her.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, and I'm feeling that I need to brush up on my Middle Earth knowledge...

    :)

    ReplyDelete