Saturday, 21 December 2013

Christmas Baking


















Would you believe me if I told you that we had done absolutely no Christmas decorating, baking, or shopping until this past Thursday? Whether or not you believe it, it is the truth. This past semester has been crazy busy and we decided that we wouldn't do anything for Christmas until Ellie and I were on break. As of this week I am forever done with PE (oh joy, oh rapture!) and forever done with my digital anthology (which has been haunting my every thought ever since September. SEPTEMBER!).

In only the past three days we have decorated the whole house, gone Christmas shopping, baked sugar and gingerbread cookies, buns, and cinnamon rolls, and cooked the Turkey. Pretty impressive, huh? Michael Buble and Harry Connick Jr. have been on repeat and I've eaten pounds and pounds of cookie dough. Even though there's barely any snow outside, it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun! I bet you are relieved to have those two classes over with. :) We made Sugar Cookies on Thursday for a gift and made the rest yesterday. We made the mistake of leaving them on the pans until tonight though, so we have lots of cookie pieces. I will probably bake some more tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete