Tuesday, 17 December 2013

The Desolation of Smaug













I am back from the dead! This month has been absolutely crazy and I haven't had time to blog. However, I'm now done with all but one of my classes and I finally have some breathing room.

Just like last year, we had a party for the midnight premier. Our friends from Nebraska and Iowa came over to our hobbit hole and we went to the premier together, all dressed up and extremely excited. The movie, sad to say, did not hold up to my expectations, but more on that in a later post. We stayed up until 3:00 in the morning and I promptly fell asleep the minute I reached the car. I am not a night person. The rest of the weekend was filled with food, fan-girling, and fun. We watched Sherlock, Robin Hood, played Jeopardy, ate seed cakes and scones, and talked about Benedict Cumberbatch practically non-stop. Sadly I was preoccupied with schoolwork most of the time (thus the small number of photos), but I still had a great time and everyone was forgiving of the fact that I didn't join in all of the festivities.

Expect a review of the movie from yours truly in the near future. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment