Wednesday, 19 March 2014

We All Have Our Obsessions

















On Sunday my family and I went to the auto show. I know next to nothing about cars, but my parents, especially my dad, take an avid interest in cars. Therefore I think it's safe to say that they got the most out of the trip. I stood by snapping photographs (my usual occupation) and let my parents ooh and ahh over the Porsches, BMWs, Jaguars, and all the others whose names I don't remember. They told me all about what makes these cars good and I tried best I could to understand what they were saying. After all, if they have to put up with my obsessing over Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, and Sherlock, my fangirling over british actors, and my crazy interests in things like Augmented 6th chords, Dorian Mode, and the history of the English language, I definitely ought to go hang out at the auto show for an afternoon even if I don't understand anything that's going on.
But that's not to say that it wasn't enjoyable. We got to sit in many of the cars and I really do enjoy taking pictures even of things I don't understand. Ellie, Abby, and I particularly liked the Jaguar cars because they brought to mind these. three. commercials. In case you were wondering, Abby and I are sitting in one in that last photo. I have to admit, it is kind of cool to be able to say you've sat in some of these fancy, expensive cars even if you'll never be able to drive one and can't fully appreciate the mechanics behind them.

1 comment:

  1. I know nothing about cars, so I'm with you on that boat. But my dad and my brothers obsess over sther things... *cough*cough* bigfoot *cough*cough* It's pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete