Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Party Prepping















What have I been doing with my time now that I am done with school? The short answer is preparing for my graduation party which is in a couple of days. We have a bunch of old, falling apart Harry Potter books that we're turning into paper chains and buntings. I also added some sheet music to the mix: Bach's Christ Lag in Todesbanden, Mozart's Requiem, and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. Of course it's hard to narrow down all of music to your top three, but those were the ones I chose, regardless of whether or not they're the absolute top of my list. Abby and I passed the time by watching Mansfield Park and North and South. Mr. Thornton definitely helps break up the monotony of paper cutting. :)
We also decorated cupcakes this afternoon for my party. We made three kinds: chocolate chip cookie dough, raspberry, and lemon. We decorated each one after a certain fandom: Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Lord of the Rings respectively. I just LOVE how they turned out. I also plan to make a TARDIS box to hold cards, and to decorate a bunch of candles with pictures and maps from different books. It's a lot of work for sure, but it's pretty fun and it's a great excuse to watch television. Also, can you think of a cooler way to celebrate graduation than incorporating all these awesome books/movies/shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment