Saturday, 24 May 2014

Spring Days






Every morning now I wake up to the sound of birds singing outside my window. It's such a lovely sound to start off the day with, all happy and lively. It makes me want to sing along with them. We have a couple bird feeders outside our dining room window and all throughout the day we see the little goldfinches snacking on seed and fighting to get a spot at the feeder. Occasionally a Baltimore Oriole will stop by and take a bite from an orange or a few swallows of grape jelly. I haven't managed to snap a picture of him yet. In the past we've had a few hummingbirds and bluejays visit, but I have yet to see any this year. Along with the birdsong, the flowers around the house make for quite the springy feel. It's finally starting to be sunny outside and thankfully the humidity hasn't started up quite yet (if only if would never come). And I love having the windows open (it reminds me of being in Europe) and feeling the cool breezes waft in. While spring doesn't seem to last long in Minnesota, I am quite enjoying these few days of coolness before the blazing days of summer begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment