Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Two Years to the Day Since We Set Out on Our Journey...




"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand there is no going back?"

"I want to see mountains again, mountains Gandalf!" 

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say” 

"Then something Tookish woke up inside him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick.” 

"Already he was a very different hobbit from the one that had run out without a pocket-handkerchief from Bag-End long ago. He had not had a pocket-handkerchief for ages.”


I don't believe I've ever related to anyone as much as I relate to Bilbo Baggins.


yes yes yes I know that the second quote is Frodo's but it still fits

1 comment: