- your roommate never seems to be in her room because she's always practicing or playing in some ensemble
- there are little scribbles of motives in all of her notebooks, and pasted on her desk
- she is never not listening to music
- her Spotify account is filled with
a little bita lot of everything - she has drawers filled with piano books and choir folders
- she keeps instruments under her bed
- she changes the radio station in the bathrooms from country to classical
- her daily schedule looks like this: practice, class, practice, class, band, choir, band, practice, practice, practice
- she complains a lot about her many one credit classes which require at least five times more work than her three credit classes
- she's always humming to herself for no apparent reason
- she actually listens to MPR
- she gets excited about augmented sixth chords and phrygian mode
- there always seems to be a recital or a concert on the calendar
- wherever you turn, you seem to encounter something musical and it all belongs to her
- if you let her, she'll tell you lots of pointless facts about her favorite pieces (Le Sacre Du Printemps, anyone?)
- she sings along to classical music
- if you ask her what she's doing this evening, the answer is probably "rehearsal"
Friday, 14 November 2014
You Might Be Living With a Music Major If...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Happy days! Stressful, yes, but almost always happy days. :-)
ReplyDeleteLOVE your photos. And yes, those one credit things....hoo boy, do I remember that! When you want something DIFFERENT to listen to (maybe after your semester is over) check out the Dan Forrest Te Deum, if you're not already familiar with it. The really excellent community choir I sing with is doing this in the spring and I can't wait. It's really gorgeous. God's continued blessings to you as you finish out the semester!
ReplyDeleteAnd I forgot to mention...Norton Snores, I mean Scores! Some things never change...
ReplyDeleteLE SACRE DU WHAAAAAA?
ReplyDeleteAlso, I would just like to mention how much I'd like to live with a music major again...
DU PRINTEMPS!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI miss the evening practices while I am reading my book snuggled under the blanket.
ReplyDeleteLove the piano keys clothespins.
ReplyDelete