Saturday, 31 January 2015

Adventure is Out There (and also right here)

20/365

21/365

22/365

23/365

24/365

25/365

26/365

27/365

28/365

29/365

30/365

"Each moment is a place you've never been."
-Mark Strand

For a girl whose heart thirsts for travel just as much as her throat thirsts for tea, it's good to be reminded that there is adventure and newness in every moment. Looking back at the photos I took over the past 10 days, I noticed a lot of photos that scream wanderlust: eating soft boiled eggs like Europeans, a bike like those that overflow the streets of England, my beloved coat that has traveled with me to foreign countries and still serves me well here, the lamp in my dorm room with a map of the world, the map of Camp that I keep on my desk always. Probably, this subconscious focus on travel has something to do with the fact that it was at this time three years ago that I was in Europe for the first time. And, as you're probably sick of hearing, I miss it like crazy. Despite all this, I'm actually quite enjoying this semester so far and even though I dream of Europe, I also live on the friendship and music and learning and progressing (sometimes by going backwards) and the new perspectives that come from college. It can definitely be said that college life is just as much an adventure as walking through the ruined castles of an ancient European city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment